Teambuilding appears in the world for a long time, in the late 20s and the early 30s of XX century. Elton Mayo (1880 – 1949), the first to study these activities, has enlightened the “active relationship between people” (Human Relations Movement).Decades later, more and more corporations as Genaral Motors, Saab, Volvo, Honeywell, Xerox, and Pratt & Whitney organized activities to demonstrate greater effectiveness of the “working in groups”. Since then, the group now began to think about the idea of establishing the group and apply high challenging solution for aims to build effective working group. And to these days, teambuilding activities are still the top concern in the development of global human resources and more and more popular in the big-size as well as small-size groups.
- What is teambuilding?
Team building is essentially a course (typically held outdoors) based on the different games for the students (participants) to experience before following situations based on the questions of teachers (facilitator) to draw the lessons learned on the job, in order to adjust the attitude and behavior of individuals while working together toward the common goals of the organization.
- What are the results of teambuilding?
After a teambuilding course, the meaning is often drawn:
- Communicate with each other easily and more effectively especially for employees who are not in the same part in a company, or the same parts but having little opportunity to work together.Teambuilding help the participants to adjust their attitudes and behaviors more appropriate for individuals working together, together toward the common goal of the organization, enhance understanding, coordination, fit, improving communication skills, handling situations and effective in their work.
- Practice to become team leaders through planning, organizing, assigning work, layout, arrangement of members and appropriate resources to guide the team to achieve common goals.
- Based on the collective strength to create and offer solutions to solve the problem.
- Get to know the personality of the other members of the team, the strengths and weaknesses of each person to the same supplement and work together better.
- Forecasting, planning, risk prevention, handling unexpected situations …
- Management and good use of corporate resources.
- Develop a spirit of solidarity, mutual trust, healthy competition between your team together, recognizing “overall picture” and navigate to the overall success of the group companies.
- Create a relaxing atmosphere, comfortable, happy just learning to reduce stress in their daily work.
- In addition, depending on the nature of work and the requirements of the company’s leadership, teambuilding program organizers can be put into different meanings dedicated to the sales department, project, production …
- The members understand the typical behavior, strengths and weaknesses of themselve and of colleagues, thereby forming the communication and coordination of internal efficiency. Through team building, the personality of the group members are revealed, that the leader can seize and plan better use of human resources.
- The activities are designed to recognize leadership and cooperation, coordinated work of all the team members. By answering the secrets of teambuilding activities help the team increased the actual experience of the coordination and strategic planning.
- The teambuilding activities designed to promote creativity, role allocation, collaboration and leadership of all participants, promote the ability to solve problems, dare to think, dare to do, accept the challenges.
- How to organize a teambuilding course ?
Generally companies often held teambuilding courses in conjunction with the tour or annual vacation. They will hire a professional unit in teambuilding programing. Once finishing Teambuilding activities, they will continue the company’s own programs.
The number of participants in Teambuilding is ideal for a class of 15 to 30 people working together in the same company. Teambuilding can be held for companies with 100 to 200 employees and participants, however, the organization must be very scale and detail.
Tools are important things that are indispensable in teambuilding programs. The more participants are , the more instruments needed so the teambuilding holder always need a staff to prepare and assist before and during the teambuilding activities.
The unit responsible for Teambuilding will host the program or can perform tasks of transportation, hotel for students.
Teambuilding can incorporate additional programs implemented in the gala dinner to create more joy, understanding and solidarity.
- How about the timetable and places of teambuilding activities?
Depending on the needs of businesses, Teambuilding time is usually from 1 to 2 days, mostly in outdoor areas with diverse terrain like a wasteland, pool, beach, mountain, forest …
Normally according to our experience, Teambuilding is best done at the resort where there are many different terrains to choose from. Currently in the south, the resort in Mui Ne – Phan Thiet and Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Da Lat or in the Binh Quoi Tourist, Dam Sen, Van Thanh – Ho Chi Minh City is the ideal location selected.
- What is the function of the teambuilding holders ?
Facilitator (trainer): responsibility for the expertise of the program is the recipient of requests from business, designing an appropriate program before course to meet the requirements of the business. During the program, facilitators ask questions, guide students to discuss, exchange, share and summarize lessons learned after each game. Number facilitator depending on the number of participants. Average 1 facilitator can handle 50 students.
Assistant (adjunct): responsible for preparation course before tooling, transport and storage of tools, guidance and support games while performing students. The number of assistant is usually double the facilitator.
- What is the restriction of teambuilding programs?
Students are to backsliding on the winning excessive and forget the meaning of the study. Instead of building solidarity, some members may create divisions by dishonesty while playing.
Students are too enthusiastic and they can forget to glean meaning from the game.
The program organizating unit too much focus on many games that little mention of lessons learned from this game. This case occurs when the organizational units Team building is the travel companies that do not have good facilitator.
The venue does not fit the game was previously designed. To avoid this, the organizer should be examined first.